Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Beirut Day 34 – July 27, 2009

Well last night I finally succumbed to food poisoning. I’m not sure if it was Kababji last night – despite my having eaten there before at least 3 times – or the restaurant in Zahle on Saturday which other people had complaints about. My roommate succeeded in getting me to go to the ER this morning at AUB Hospital, which is thankfully covered by my AUB insurance. If I hadn’t already known she was a mother, the way she was waiting for me at 2am when I first threw up would have confirmed it. It was mainly a case of waiting and treating my dehydration at the hospital and I was given two IVs along with a drug for nausea. I went back to my dorm and slept until 5pm. I’ve felt mostly pretty good since then although at the moment I am not sure if I am hungry or nauseated and have been searching for foods I can eat without irritating me. Making it 4.5wks/6 isn’t bad. By the time I finally received the homework assignment (all three people I asked answered me at the same time) it was 9:15pm and I was tired again. I struggled valiantly to do my homework but after falling asleep on my textbook I decided to go to bed at 10 and slept mostly without interruption until 7am.

No comments:

Post a Comment