Thursday, July 23, 2009

Beirut Day 29 – July 22, 2009

Sadly I found out today that I might not get to see Krak des Chevaliers/Qala’at al-Hosn since the two people who were going to be my travel partners are probably going to go after the program. I know that it would be like 10 hours just of travel but it’s supposed to be an absolutely amazing place and I would really love to go.

We ate lunch at the cafeteria again and I had the okra stew from the first day of CAMES. For some reason this time it didn’t agree with me and I felt vaguely nauseated for the whole afternoon and part of the evening. As a result I didn’t go out to dinner and instead ate the food I have in my room and prepared for my portion of the class presentation on the Lebanese author Gibran Khalil Gibran, most famous for his book The Prophet.

I apologize for the lack of detail in the past few entries but I’ve been so busy that I forgot to write down my usual daily notes for this blog. I’ll do better next time. I also promise to upload my Damascus, Tripoli and Byblos pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment