Saturday, July 4, 2009

Beirut Day 11 – July 4, 2009

Today was a lazy day. After spending so many nights being up until 12 or 1 finishing homework after spending too much time on dinner, I was overjoyed to be able to sleep in. I don’t think I changed out of my PJs until noon at least. Obviously it being the Fourth of July had little meaning here. I was roused by Teresa for a shopping trip where I got a calling card, more groceries and some batteries for my ailing camera. When I returned I called my grandmother whose only means of communication with me would be the phone. She was surprised to get my call despite my promise to call her. It was nice to call someone and not have the connection drop out several times like Skype does when my reception of the already poor wireless drops too low. I went to dinner at Zaatar W Zeit with Teresa and Stephanie. We were joined at different points by Claire, Jeff and Cassie. After dinner we went our separate ways as Claire, Teresa and Jeff were going to go to pubs in Gemmayze and Stephanie, Cassie and I were going to go back to our dorms. All in all a nice lazy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment