Sunday, July 12, 2009

Beirut Day 19 - July 12 2009

Today was once again an indoor day, entirely due to homework. I have a unit test tomorrow in my MSA class and an oral quiz in my dialect class. For MSA we also have to read an 11 page selection from the book Season of Migration to the North by Al-Tayib Salih. I read the first 3 or 4 pages last night but there was a lot left when I looked at this morning. Luckily it is a lot easier both in terms of comprehension and vocabulary than the previous two readings we have been assigned. I took a break to go out and get falafel from Barbar with Teresa and then I went to the store to get some more apples for breakfast and finally some juice. I also did laundry and managed to not screw up despite the fact that I was using a “washing powder”, the directions of which were entirely in German as it belongs to my suitemate. I had no way to measure 75ml so I just guessed and my clothes did not explode so I’m noting this as a huge success. The rest of the day was taken up by reading the excerpt, a short nap, review grammar and doing vocabulary flashcards. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment